Read a summary of your assignment.
Task: News Report
Pretend you are news anchor reporting on a "breaking" story about the civil rights movement. Create your own news report by creating a podcast about the event.
1. Choose an event
2. Research the event and fill in the 5ws organizer.
3. Then based on your research, complete the problem and solution organizer.
4. Using both the 5ws organizer and problem and solution organizer, write a news article using the newpaper article planner.
5. Choose 6- 8 photos of your event and save them in a new folder called Civil Rights
6. Use photostory to create your news report.
Use these handouts to help you along your way.
Research the different events that occured during the Civil Rights movement.
Supreme Court Ruling on the Brown vs. Board of Education Case
The Murder of Emmet Till
The "Little Rock Nine"
The Freedom Riders
Sixteenth Street Baptist Church Bombing
The Civil Rights Act of 1964
March on Washington 1963
Greensboro Sit In