Remember, study your notes and vocabulary from your math composition book!! Practice problems that you know you find difficult. Check the answers with a buddy.
Be prepared for Math:
- bring two sharpened pencils to class
- do assignments with pencil
- organize your problems by numbering them
- leave space between problems
- show all your work
- be ready to hand in your homework at the beginning of class
You can always improve your grades by:
- making corrections AND handing them in
- studying notes in your student reference book- studying multiplication facts
- practice on www.ixl.com
Topics covered since the beginning of the school year:
- Estimation and Rounding
- Place value
- Decimals: adding. subtracting, multiplying, dividing
- Fractions: reducing, equivilent fractions, adding/subtracting with like denominators, unlike denominators, adding mixed numbers
- Algebra: reading/writing expressions, reading/writing equations, solving equations
- Fractions: subtracting mixed numbers, multiplying/dividing fractions/mixed numbers and converting between fractions and decimals
- Ratios/Proportions: Writing ratios, and solving proportions.
- Percents: converting between fractions, decimals, and percents.
- Properties (Commutative, Associative, Identity, and Inverse)
Topics we plan on covering this quarter are:
- Geometry: area, perimeter, vocabulary, similar figures and solving for the missing side, 3D shapes and vocabulary, surface area and volume.
- Distributive Property
- Statisitics: Mean, median, mode.