- Chemistry of Life
- Plant Form and Function
- Animal Form and Function
- Scientific Method and Lab Skills
- To familiarize students with the terminology and concepts of Biology using a theme-oriented approach that emphasizes concepts and science as a process over knowledge of facts.
To enhance problem-solving skills of students using hands-on labs, readings, collections, independent projects, and class discussions.
To strengthen students’ communication skills with the use of written assignments, essays, and lab reports.
To prepare students for further study in the Biological Sciences.
- AP Classroom
- Essay Writing
Advanced Placement Criteria: This program will move at an accelerated pace and consist of students who are both motivated and highly capable.
Minimum standards for admission in this program include:
- 90th percentile on reading,vocabulary and language (English Advanced) or Mathematics (Math Advanced Class) on the appropriate standardized test.
- 90% academic average in a regular or Regents class or 85% in an honors class.
- Assigned counselor recommendation
- Teacher recommendation
- Evidence of high motivation
NOTE: Any course with an ADV is computed with a 5% weight factor that computes into the student's G.P.A. and rank. Weigted grades will NOT be reflected on the report card.
Intro to Bio
Maintenance in Animals
Maintenance in Plants
Reproduction & Development
Learn, at a basic level, about living systems
Prepare to take the NYS Regens exam in The Living Environment
Develop/enhance a system of organization and self-discipline
Develop/enhance a note-taking system
Develop/enhance good study techniques
Improve Lab skills and techniques
- Castle Learning
- Am in my 20th year teaching Science at the Secondary level.
- Coached baseball at SUNY New Paltz for seven years.
- Coached Varsity Volleyball for 7 years.
- Coached Varsity Baseball for Kingston High School for 4 years.
- Coached JV Football for 1 year.
- Am in my 13th year as Head Varsity Baseball Coach.
- Received my BA from Siena College, Loudonville, NY, majoring in Biology.
- Received my Certificate in Secondary Education and my MA in Educational Psychology from Marist College.
- Married to my wife Kerri (Teacher) and have a son Brady (9) and a daughter Murphy (4)