Welcome to the WCSD Occupational Therapy DepartmentPlease check back often for monthly activity ideas&for the updating of our pages for the new district website.
Who We Are
Megan McChesney, M.S., OTR/L
- graduate of an accredited college program, with a minimum degree of Bachelor of Science.
- a national certification exam completes the process leading to registration.
- In NY State, the title O.T. requires additional licensure and registration through the State Education Dept.
What We Do
The OTR is responsible for:
- primary responsibility for initial OT evaluations
- determining goals
- provide OT interventions
- collaborating with other professionals
- participating in the student's IEP/504 planning meetings
- supervising ongoing OT interventions by COTAs
- updating permanent records as required by state education law.
Diane Wilson, COTA/L
Rosemarie Cole, COTA/L
- graduate of an accredited college program with an associate degree of applied science.
- a national certification exam completes the process leading to certification.
- In NY State, the title O.T.A. requires licensure and certification.
What We Do
The COTA, under the direct supervision of the registered occupational therapist, is responsible for:
- implementation of the treatment plans for individual students
- fabrication and/or provision of adaptive equipment and/or aids
- informing the registered Occupational Therapist of changes
- assisting in the development of goals and objectives
- attending IEP/504 meetings