Welcome to the WCSD Occupational Therapy DepartmentCheck out our new pages of home suggestions with your children.The page is called Establishing Daily Routines.Also check out our Home Suggestions for Fine Motor & Strength Activities.
Who We Are
Megan Behrens, M.S., OTR/L
- graduate of an accredited college program, with a minimum degree of Bachelor of Science.
- a national certification exam completes the process leading to registration.
- In NY State, the title O.T. requires additional licensure and registration through the State Education Dept.
What We Do
The OTR is responsible for:
- primary responsibility for initial OT evaluations
- determining goals
- provide OT interventions
- collaborating with other professionals
- participating in the student's IEP/504 planning meetings
- supervising ongoing OT interventions by COTAs
- updating permanent records as required by state education law.
Diane Wilson, COTA/L
Taylor Masi, COTA/L
- graduate of an accredited college program with an associate degree of applied science.
- a national certification exam completes the process leading to certification.
- In NY State, the title O.T.A. requires licensure and certification.
What We Do
The COTA, under the direct supervision of the registered occupational therapist, is responsible for:
- implementation of the treatment plans for individual students
- fabrication and/or provision of adaptive equipment and/or aids
- informing the registered Occupational Therapist of changes
- assisting in the development of goals and objectives
- attending IEP/504 meetings