John G. Borden Middle School Guidance Department
What Does Guidance Do?
Guidance services are available to help each student get the most out of middle school. All students are encouraged to come to the guidance office and talk with the counselors regarding any concerns they might have. Counselors help students with educational program planning, study habits, personal and home concerns, health problems, social concerns, career plans, and decision making. Students should feel free to discuss their interests, plans, and difficulties with the counselors.
- The 4th Quarter Progress Report period will end on May 20, Progress Reports will be sent out the weekend of May 27.
- Please see the finals schedule below
- Please view the "JGBMS Daily Bulletin" on the homepage for daily annoucements, upcoming events, clubs & activities.
Wednesday, June 15
Social Studies – Grade 7 & 8, Living Environment - Grade 8
Thursday, June 16
Math – Grade 7 & 8, Algebra - Grade 8
*Friday, June 17
ELA – Grade 7 & 8
*Tuesday, June 21
Science – Grade 7, Spanish – Grade 8
* 11:05 dismissal on 6/17 & 6/21
Teachers will contact students primarily through Schoology. This is an online, virtual learning environment that our students have been utilizing thoughout the school year.
- Parents/Guardians can gain acces to their student's Schoology account by requesting a "Parent Access Code" from your student's Guidance Counselor. Simply e-mail Mr. Nace (Blue Team) or Ms. Sinacori (White Team) at the e-mail addresses listed here: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A helpful Schoology Guide is available is available here: https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/articles/201000873-Parent-Guide
- SchoolTool ParentPortal is available to you. Click the link below
- Your username is your primary e-mail
Counselors meet with core teachers daily for a team meeting. During this time teachers discuss student needs and solutions for student success. The time is also used to meet with students for extra help. Parents are invited to join a team meeting via phone or Zoom to discuss their child - please call us to make an appointment at (845) 895-7179!
•7 Blue - 12:05pm •7 White - 10:35am •8 Blue - 11:20am •8 White - 9:55am
SchoolTool Parent Portal
SchoolTool Parent Portal is a way for parents to check student’s marking period grades, schedule, and attendance information. The District is making this available in an effort to improve communications to you about your child's progress to date. Please make sure you sign up for Parent Portal, if you haven't already, by contacting Mrs. Tracey Rohl at the District Office. She can be reached at 895-7105 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Students who are 14 years old are eligible for working papers. Students may get an application in the Guidance Office once they are of age.
If you have recently moved to the Wallkill Central School District and you have a student that will be attending John G. Borden Middle School, please register him/her as soon as possible! Registration packets can be filled out with Mrs. Tracey Rohl in our district office located at 19 Main Street in Wallkill. Mrs. Rohl can also be reached by phone at 895-7105